Wednesday, January 25, 2012

winter steelhead report

So far i have been out a total of 4 times this season and i have gained much experience in that short amount of time. on my favorite coastal stream i hooked two nice steelhead in one day (they both got off) and i have caught dozens of cutthroat and one old fire truck red coho. i have found fly fishing for steel to be quite the challenge,these fish really know how to get off a line. on the other hand my buddy brad picked up on gear fishing for steelhead with a spinning rod and bobber and jig.  Below are some pictures of the trip where brad caught his first steelhead, there is also a video i will post. saturday we will be hitting the water again in hopes of another chance at some winter steel. my fly box is stocked with egg patterns and i am ready. water should drop into shape on my favorite smaller coastal stream just in time
The river


me dead drifting egg patterns
working a seam

No comments:

Post a Comment