Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A rough start

Friday marks the beginning of my hunt for a  winter steelhead on the fly. I went once before last year but i did not know jack about fly fishing, it was the beginning of my fly angling career..reading the water was something i was just learning that day, my casts were terrible and i got snagged in multiple trees.But now i am back for revenge on that little coast range river. unfortunately it will be a rough day chasing winter steel, The water is cold,low and clear..the average rainfall for the area is 5 inches in december. we have had less then an inch or around that. Thats is the river and the fish basically giving me the middle finger saying you can't catch me..but im always up for a challenge.. thats why they call it fishing and not catching.  it's game time. back with a report and pictures  anywhere from friday-monday




B.Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment